StatCounter

AFTERGLOW


































Been waking up later.
Stretching in peace
after everyone else has disappeared. 
Sleeping sounder at night,
feeling more restful in the day. 
 I put the coffee on the stove,
quietly begin the day's work,
exercise in between,
then carry on. 
Today, a happy jumble in the kitchen
after last night's independence day get-together. 
A fridge full of leftovers,
and a heart warm with the afterglow
of friends who mean so much. 

















Sometimes I don't quite know what to write here,
but I do want to share something,
glimpses even. 
Something of the thankfulness 
for this time of life. 
For learning to trust in the small steps. 
I've nudged a wish this autumn
for a workspace
shared with others,
and a chance conversation
a couple of weeks ago
got my hopes up
in the best possible way.
More of that later,
if it materialises...


All I can say is 
I've been blown away
by the generosity of people recently,
by a genuine desire to make others happy,
LOVE. 
Friendships that by now have become so solid.
A relationship with my husband
that can go through tricky patches,
but always returns to a clearing
bathed in light & peace.  
I think I've learned this recently
- sometimes giving space,
letting go even,
can bring a huge blessing in return
when the time is right.





x







(model: Minna Kosonen 
muah: Meghna Mukherjee)















Nalle said...

Learning to trust in the small steps ❤ That sounds good ❤

barefeet and bluejeans said...

My....what a beautiful soul you have. I always treasure your offerings. Merry Christmas!

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

What it's all about in the end I think...
each small step of the journey,
wherever it will lead in the end.
x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

... and your soul just shines through
in every encouraging, light-filled word.
thank you so much & a very happy Christmas to you, too. x

barefeet and bluejeans said...

Xxoo!

Anonymous said...

I love the the way you express your feelings and happenings during the days of life. It means a lot to me. Keep on writing and appreciating life. There is still kindness in this world. Wishing you and your family a relaxing winter. Miss hiirit

Rebecca Skye Watson said...


Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you dear Miss hiirit for your precious words,
they mean a lot...
I feel so strongly that we need to concentrate
on the good & the kind
in this day and age especially -
let's keep doing just that,
and so happy if you think
some of that can be found here.
Wishing you a beautiful, peaceful Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rebecca ⭐️ Miss hiirit

Instagram

Sanctuary.